Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Badger Mountain Springtime Flowers!


Well, the desert is really blooming and I coaxed the family up the steep trail to look at the beautiful colors before the summer dries up Badger Mountain. It was a little windy (see the grass picture) but we had a great hike. I'm not sure of all the names of these flowers but I hope you enjoy them. The trail is from the Country Ridge area of Richland. It's a steep trail, that's why I like it. It gives me a good workout. Normal time to the top is 18 minutes or so. I hope to improve my times throughout the year. Enjoy the flower pictures and I included a Google Earth overlay of my GPS route. If you know the area, you'll see how outdated the image is as there are several homes now in the trailhead area.















No comments: