Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Yard Work


Well, with good weather comes a family tradition; Mom gets to work for 12 hours a day doing her favorite thing: beautifying the yard. Denise went to a presentation Thursday night on "Square-Foot Gardening". It was put on by an expert from Utah and she loved it so much that the next morning, when I got home from graveyard clinicals in the Emergency Department, she was trying to cut a 2X8 with a pruning saw! I told her to wait while I got the circular saw out and she was off an running! The boys pitched in to get the pond cleaned out, we reorganized some 4X4's we scavenged a couple of years ago into a "patio" behind the garage and with some other various yard cleanup, we had our own "Spring Makeover!" Throw in our annual family picture in front of the flowering magnolia and I thought it would make a good blog posting!

2 comments:

Matt S. said...

Way to use your Power Tools, Paul!

Unknown said...

I was asked to come to that workshop thing but I just couldn't make one more trip to Tri Cities - SO I looked it up online - that guy who wrote the book has some stuff online too - looks really great!
I am going to "garden" TOO but I am going to try it in pots cause I need to do in in the front of the house - we just don't get much sun at all in the back. I bet it will work perfect for your situation.
Great deal - I'm gonna get tomatoes this year!!!! Your beds are beautiful