Thursday, August 6, 2009

School's Out!


Well, it has been a fun journey. 3 years of regular schooling working toward a nursing degree.

I can't go any further without thanking everyone who has helped me along the way. Not only with encouragement and other supportive resources but with prayer and wisdom which helped keep me going.

It all culminated in a graduation from CBC and a pinning ceremony for the nursing program. I graduated with several hundred other students with an associate's degree in nursing on Friday, June 19, 2009. We waited in the hot hallways under the coliseum for our time to march to our seats. With Pomp and Circumstance playing on the bagpipes, we were ushered in, two by two. We packed into the Toyota Center in Kennewick. I got to sit near many of my classmates. Some chose not to attend the general graduation. It was a nice ceremony. Speakers talked of making the best of the life ahead. Then, we all walked on stage to get our diploma cases.

Then, the next day was the pinning ceremony for the nursing program. It was in a packed auditorium at Kennewick High School.
It probably meant more for me because these 50 or so people were the ones I spent the last few years with going through theory and clinical experiences. Denise, Mom, Nate, Justin and even Aunt Liz were there for pinning. Then, Liz treated us to a nice dinner afterwards. Now, its on to the big test to hopefully pass the NCLEX exam and become a Registered Nurse!

1 comment:

Matt S. said...

Congrat's, Bro! Way 2 Go!