Thursday, August 6, 2009

Seattle Serendipity



It just so happens Amy and Mindy wanted Nate to come visit for a few days in June. Coincidentally, I signed up for an NCLEX (nursing) board exam prep course the week of June 22-26 and voila, a plan was hatched!

We had the good fortune of staying at Mindy's pad which is only a 15 minute bike ride to the U District where my prep course was held. I had a great time riding my bike along the Burke-Gilman trail most of the way to the class. I rode the trail along the Ballard canal and part of Lake Union on the way. Lots of bikers and walkers but actually faster than the bus or driving a car. Nate had a great time with Amy and Mindy. He got to kayak on the lake, go to Pike's Place Market,





Visit to Theo's chocolate factory, bike ride to Fremont, Seattle Library, went to the movie "Up", whew! We all got to go to a Mariner's game (I don't think I've been to a game yet where they've won, I must jinx them!).


We also visited Ballard Locks and Golden Gardens beach. Amy was nice enough to take us to dinner to celebrate my graduation, good stuff! All in all, a great time and I even absorbed some information to help with my test. Thanks for the great time Amy and Mindy!

2 comments:

Matt S. said...

Nice new 'blog look. Thanks for the current postings! ;-)

Paul said...

I liked the big picture at the beginning of yours so I decided to give it a try. Thanks