Monday, March 8, 2010

New Hike on Rattlesnake






I decided to take a new hike today at the Rattlesnake Mountain Recreational Preserve. I set out from the trailhead on the highway just outside of Benton City, about 15 miles from home. It was a nice, quiet hike, only saw one other person (with his dogs). I hiked in about 3 miles to some burned out trees that would make a nice camp site for a scout outing. There was a Rattlesnake Mountain foothill to the south that would be nice to hike up on a day when I had more time. Some interesting looking rocky canyons to explore, beautiful desert wildflowers are starting to bloom. I even came across a geological survey marker. Definitely a place for future visits with an overnight pack on my back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful -Love that yellow flower!
thanks