Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rattlesnake Revisited



Two days later, I was back on the Rattlesnake Natural Preserve. I wanted to explore the area more. I went to the top of the hill for a great view over the other side to Benton City, the Horse Heaven Hills, Mount Adams and the Lower Yakima Valley. On my way back down, I ventured over to the gulley and hiked it back with beautiful rock formations. I flushed out several sage birds along the way. I so enjoy the chance to see all the beauty that is here in the desert. It is nice to just be able to walk and watch and get exercise. You can see my path from the trailhead on the map picture. I also wanted to share some of the pictures I took. I hope you enjoy them and get a little taste of this beautiful area. Paul.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is amazing how pretty the desert can be isn't it!
You will have to go up sometime after mother's day but before father's day to see if there are any Mariposa Lilies up there - I bet there are. The pinkish/purple flowers I have taken pic of - Really pretty discoveries you found - thanks for the pictures! Love,mom