Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Mountain Bike Ride



I decided to check out a new mountain bike riding area I've heard of over the years. It's out by the State Patrol office near I-82 (you can see the office on the middle left edge of the Google Earth image). It was a neat riding area with lots of single-track trails. The main ascending trail has lots of jumps and stunt areas (I stayed clear of those and another hospital trip!) Then, you are on the top side in the bottom of the picture and you can go down any of several trails. It's a nice, semi-gradual ride to the top then you can blast back down any of the down runs. I also rode up a neighboring hill then back down, a nice run through the desert sagebrush!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pic with the tree! And that looks like a great riding area. Bet it was a warm ride today - the air feels so good right now =-) Thanks for sharing that great place! Mom